Saturday, March 3, 2012

Listen to Reading

So I broke down this year and jumped on the Daily 5 bandwagon. I have to admit I was reluctant terrified because it seemed like it was going to be boring. I mean, five centers day in and day out? Well, I am so glad that I made the switch. At winter testing my students had grown so much with their reading. I don't think their is one component of the Daily 5 that is more important but this one is my favorite. I am fortunate to have five student computers in my classroom so when my students do Listen to Reading they do it on a computer. All I did was bookmark some websites that offered stories being read and trained the kids how to find them in the favorites. It's a hit! I'm going to share with you a list of those websites. Some are subscription based, but I have found that I can actually do a Google search and find passwords that public libraries or school districts have posted on their websites. Kinda sneaky resourceful, isn't it?

Kenn Nesbitt's Poetry for Kids


 Home 
Story Time for Me



Some other possibilities include Mightybooks,  Trueflix,  and Tumblebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment